4 Beeps and Shutdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hemogoblin

Ok, so I just got a new graphics card, and in the manual it said to just take out the old one and put the new one in, and then put in a cd which would update the computer with the right drivers.

I took out the old video card, and put in the new one. When I turned on the computer, it just beeped 4 times and shut down. I put the old card back in to see if that would change anything, but it just did the same thing again. I can't get the computer to boot in any way shape or form.

Help!!

This should help you - http://toptechsite.com/intel-motherboard-beep-guide

4 Beeps seems to mean something to do with the Motherboard, you may have loosened or knocked a Screw which has Grounded the Motherboard to the Case causing it to not Boot Properly or the Motherboard may have failed which is unlikely.

Most likely it is the First option so check the Motherboard is connected properly to the Case with the Screws and not resting on the Case.

I'm pretty sure there aren't any loose screws or things grounding the motherboard. The only things in the case are parts that are where they are fastened down where they are supposed to be, and wires connecting everything.

I'll check again, but it it turns out that it's not that, then it would be that my motherboard has failed? What would cause that to happen?

Good to hear the Problem was fixed :)

Just would have hoped you knew what you had done to fix it, oh well it can just be Luck sometimes and a bit of moving things around to fix it :)

This should help you - http://toptechsite.com/intel-motherboard-beep-guide

4 Beeps seems to mean something to do with the Motherboard, you may have loosened or knocked a Screw which has Grounded the Motherboard to the Case causing it to not Boot Properly or the Motherboard may have failed which is unlikely.

Most likely it is the First option so check the Motherboard is connected properly to the Case with the Screws and not resting on the Case.
the ultimate bios beep guide is right here in the guides forum!

Yeah I know I looked at that First and it doesn't list Intel Motherboards unless they are under 1 of the BIOS names I'm not sure but otherwise I would have linked that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back