4 Irritating Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

SixxSixxSixx

My computer is running fine except for 4 very small, but ANNOYING things.

1) When I right-click on the desktop, click on Properties, and try to access the Desktop tab the whole window just dissapears.

2) When I click on Library in Windows Media Player, the whole program closes.

3) After I put in my screen name and password in AIM, the program closes

4) " " Yahoo Messenger " "

COuld one of the tech guys please help me with this problem. I've run AdAware, Spybot, PCRescue, and posted a HiJack Log. I red the hijack this log tutorial, and deleted only things that had to do with startup. could someone please help. Im going crazy.

It looks like you're having problems with some executables. That is virus (or virus-like) activity lIke IronDuke suggested. Do not trus your antivirus software already installed in your system. Try a online virus detection program like Trendmicro's house call at http://housecall.trendmicro.com

I beleive Symantec (Norton AV) and Mcaffee web sites may offer the online scanning but not sure. Hope that helps =)

I downloaded Ewido and it found 99 Infected Items! With that taken care of, I managed to download the TrendMicro AntiSpyware for Web *BUT* it wont let me open the set-up file. Any other suggestions? Thanks to both of the guys who responded to my thread. SixxsixxSixx

You need to run trend micro's housecall antivirus, it downloads a defination to your computer, but it you don't execute it, all you do is hit scan. It all takes place inside your webbrowser (probably Internet Explorer).

Oh gee.. I am running four IM programs right now here in Linux. Do you think I'm infected?

Unless it is worms combined security holes then the things that infect computers with viruses are people not programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back