4 raptors=bad?

By LinkedKube
Jun 16, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I'm purchasing wd 10k raptors soon. I want to go for raid zero but all this stuff about losing data. I'm sure this makes me 4 times more likely to lose stuff. Are their any programs that would automatically back up my data onto another drive by schedule?
  2. mica3speedy

mica3speedy Newcomer, in training Posts: 205

retrospect is what I use, and there are a few other ones out there
  3. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Topic Starter Posts: 4,262   +41

restrospect huh, I'll look into it, havnt set the drives up yet, dreading having to do all my reinstalls, but its got to happen
  4. kitty500cat

kitty500cat Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,407   +6

Acronis TrueImage works well.

What size Raptors are you going to get? If they're the 150GB version, you could get a 750GB Seagate as your backup drive.

Regards :)
  5. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Topic Starter Posts: 4,262   +41

yep they are 150 gb drives. So maybe i should look for another back up drives.
  6. Phantombadger

Phantombadger Newcomer, in training Posts: 32

You could always go Raid 1+0 or Raid 5. this would create a parity on 1 drive for fault protection. Or you could get a 750 and back up there. But remember the more info you got the longer it will take to back up, even if you got raptors and a 750.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.