420w PSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesPromIII

I'm getting a 9800gtx next month and I was wondering if I could get away with using a 420w PSU on it, it says the recommended is 450?

That would depend on the brand and the amperage on the 12V rails. Could you post a few more specifics about the 420W PSU.

EDIT: Dustin beat me to it! :p

you're not gonna get the exact wattage... it's always a bit less. regardless the unit dustin posted the link to would probably be fine, Corsair makes solid power supplies... plus it has a $10 rebate from newegg.

Newegg (manufacturers) rebates are very much worthless. In all my purchases and filing for many rebates, I have never collected any money!

Really? I was gonna say I've collected from Newegg but I think I might be mistaking them for manufacturer rebates.

Yeah, it's the manufactures rebates not Newegg. You fill out the form and supply the other info required, and no check ever comes. After some 200 Newegg orders, I have only returned one bare-bones computer and one motherboard for a refund. I just don't go for rebates any longer. Free shipping is another story though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back