43.45 Dets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

farmer

Has anyone here tried these new drivers? I seem to have some problems with AA with these compared to the 41.09's. Real noticeable slowdown and lots of jaggies. My 3dMark score did increase, but Morrowind is almost unplayable....

Later....

I was previously having problems with AA and AF on the 41.09s, now I have no problems whatsoever; in fact, I have a large performance increase in almost all 3D apps and games. Could it be some other software or hardware on your system?

Actually I have a Gforce 3 TI 500, and for some reason those drivers did not work well for me I went back to 41.09 and all seems to be running smooth again.

My old GF3 seems to be happiest at 40.72 I think I'll just sit on these until I upgrade. Come on NV35!

Almost thought about getting an ATI the other day, but I came to my senses. I've had nothing but nightmares from them since the days of their video cards with 8K of memory....Yes, that's K and not M... all the way up to the Rage Pro. I'm a little gun shy on ATI now.

I cant play any direct3d games with my Radeon 9700 Pro. Only OpenGL games. I get really bad flicker distortian and EVERYTHING is upated as far as it can be. POS ATI!

Ive never had an ATI card, never had any problems with Nvidia so dont see any point in changing. The fact I get FPSs under 20 on newer games like raven shield is worrying, but still :/ hopefully ill fix it oneday... soon... or later... or never :/

Question: Is it possible that the new Dets were made more to get better scores on 3D Mark and the older verisons run games better? I may be wrong, but seems like I saw that somewhere.

By the way, I've got the 9700 Pro and I am able to run all games with everything maxed, AA@4Xand AF@8 or 16X with no problems, including Unreal II and Splinter Cell. The strange thing is, I can't run Ghost Recon at all. I get 4 or 5 FPS, with all settings at min. Won't even run at min. res. Never have figured out why.

Also, my last video card was a G4 Ti4600 and it ran everything pretty good also. I've always been an nVidia man to, up until I got this computer, and I thing the 9700 Pro is great. I think nVidia and ATi are both good now.

Ive had no probs with these drivers but ive also updated DX9.It seems these drivers are more geared towards DX9.(my opinion).

41.09's have always been kind to me. Previous to that it was 30.82. No real desire toupgrade with every release.

Question: How does everyone control their Anti Aliasing? Using Rivatuner or just customising in each game?

Being lucky I guess,Ive never had to mess with anything.Just leave on default settings and go,no stuttering,freezes.Once in a while have to adjust gamma with in game and thats it.No!I dont play checkers.Mostly first person.Are you guys using DX9?Ive heard of people getting lower 3D marks with DX9.

Originally posted by bigmaxy
41.09's have always been kind to me. Previous to that it was 30.82. No real desire toupgrade with every release.

Question: How does everyone control their Anti Aliasing? Using Rivatuner or just customising in each game?

I just force it with RivaTuner myself.

I just use Nvidia's control panel to handle my AA settings, usually off since I run everything at 1024x768 or higher.

Originally posted by acidosmosis
I cant play any direct3d games with my Radeon 9700 Pro. Only OpenGL games. I get really bad flicker distortian and EVERYTHING is upated as far as it can be. POS ATI!

RMA it if you can then and stop going on about it.

I reverted to 41.09 because the latest drivers somehow "disabled" the energing saving features on my LCD monitor.

anybody have know anything about the reason why the new Det drivers keep my 3D components from running? ive installed plenty of the newest drivers, but everytime i do my 3D fails. i have DX9, and a GeForceTi 4200. any ideas?

Hi Abaddon,
get rid of dx9 your gf 4200 will run much better with dx8.1 and the latest det driver, follow this link to the gura web site, on there is a small program to remove dx9 or any version of directX
its called det destroyer, try it and prove me wrong, but I think it will work.

"Det Destroyer", or Detonator Destroyer, only removes Nvidia's Detonator drivers. It does not effect your Directx version. There are ways to revert back to older Directx versions. Please note however, that reverting back to older Directx versions are not supported by Microsoft. To go back to version 8.1, it'd probably be best to format and reinstall Windows.

Also, with the newest Nvidia drivers (v44.03) and a Geforce4 Ti4200, I've had no issues with Directx 9 so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back