4x AGP slot? 8x AGP slot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normaly yes, but to be sure you can always check the documentation that came with the card. It mentions the kind of Agp slots that are supported.

But you can be as good as 100% sure that it will fit

greets Crazy

To agree with the last post, All AGP 4X cards will work in 8X slots. The only place you will run into trouble at is if you start using AGP 2X/1X cards in a 8X slot. Most motherboards don't like providing the original AGP voltage spec of 5v in a what is a 0.8v AGP8X slot.

no that incorrect, my asus mobo has a agp 8x/pro slot, and 4x agp cards dont work on it, you should check your motherboard documentation to be sure

4X cards will work in a 8x slot and 8X cards will work in a 4X slot. They are cross compatible, but you will only get 4X AGP speed, obviously.

Conrad, I ran my GF3 in the A7N8X motherboard with no problems so your statement is incorrect.

the graphics card i tried was a kyro2 which is agp 2.0 on the a7n8x d. i got that red led error light on my mobo, put in a new card and it worked...

perhaps my kyro 2 card is broken? if its broken would the asus 'known' and given me a red light?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back