TechSpot

5.1 audio digital out cable

By DD_Timekeeper
Aug 31, 2007
  1. Hi,
    does anyone have the schema of the connection cable between a digital out of a Soundblaster card and a RCA digital in?

I'm trying to get the sound from my new media center pc to my Bose audio system...

Many thanks

2. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 3,814

Have you tried the creative labs website?

3. DD_Timekeeper

DD_Timekeeper TS Rookie Topic Starter

yes, I've tried almost everything... also Google search, but still I've not found anything...

Someone says it's a mono cable, others a 4 pole minijack... great confusion...

BTW Creative offers an adapter with 4 pole minijack TO a box with spdif in / out ... :confused:

4. Rik

Spdif is only any good if your Bose audio system has spdif in.

What is the exact model of your soundard?

5. DD_Timekeeper

Yes, I have a Bose Lifestyle 8 system (series 2) with a coax digital IN (I suppose SPDIF)

My audio card is a sb Live! 24 bit...

Thanks in advance for you help :)

6. Rik

You need to be 100% sure about you Bose equipment. If it definately supports spdif then it should be farily straightforward.

7. DD_Timekeeper

Well, my target is to change my actual DVD player (which has a RCA digital OUT connected to 5.1 Bose full working) with a mediacenter pc...

So yes, now 5.1 system is working... not sure HOW!!! :dead:

I mean, I repeat, now I have RCA digital out (DVD) -> RCA Bose connection...

8. DD_Timekeeper

up....... :(

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.