5.1 Speaker Problem.

By DaMOOseMAn
Nov 6, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello, I have a Logitech M530 5.1 Speaker set. I also have a 5.1 sound card. I have intsalled all the drivers and pluged everything correctly. I also went to the audio and sound icon in Control Panel and changed the speaker option to 5.1 sorround sound. But the center and two rear speakers don't work. The speakers don't have a fader control. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.
    Oh ya i am using a thunderbird 5.1 card. Its Plug and Play, supposedly. Its from Digital Multimedia.
  2. Liquidlen

Liquidlen TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,646

I am not sure, but check settings in Directx?
  3. Th3M1ghtyD8

Th3M1ghtyD8 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 794

More Information would be useful e.g.

How do the speakers connect to the Soundcard? If it the typical 3 mini jack plugs, then you may have to plug them into the line-in or microphone socket. Also, you may have to configure them within either the Volume Control Applet (Advanced Settings) or within a separate sound card program, in order to say for example "CENTRE Channel connected to Line-In" etc.

What software in particular does not produce sound from the centre speaker and subwoofer? Many programs require separate configuration of the sound system

Games usually require surround sound support to be configured in the audio options

Winamp requires that you use the DirectSound Output plugin rather than the WaveOut

PowerDVD or WinDVD can be configured in many different ways depending on the speaker system and the type of media being played
  4. DaMOOseMAn

DaMOOseMAn Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

I has three cables. The sound card came with a cd, but there aren't any programs really, except maybe the mixer, whatever that is. Which doesn't work. How do you configure Directx
  5. discreet

discreet Newcomer, in training

i need the drivres for creative inspire 5,1 5300

hi i[m from portugal

and i can[t find the drivers for my criative 5.1
    i ha only 2 speekers giving sound . and i have selected 5,1 sistem in the options

can you guys help me :dead:
  6. TS | Thomas

TS | Thomas Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,327

What audio sources have you tried with the system? A good few Soundcards will only play stereo stuff over the front 2 channels. Tried any 3D Audio supporting games or those AC-3 Speaker tests you can download? Or even go to http://www.rightmark.org, they've a 3D audio testing utility there that you could use.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.