5.1 Speaker problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Dodgy

Hi, Thought I'd make a seperate post for a seperate problem (boy, I'm the unlucky one)

I have plugged all the wires in the right sockets of my 5.1 speakers, but every now and then, there will be a slight sound flicker, similar in sound to when you first put the pin on an old LP record. It happens during games AND on my desktop even though no sound is being played.

Could it be some sort of disturbance causing this, or could there be a problem with my speakers?

Any help would be great, DJ.

Since no one has replied to this yet .. I'll give some of my thoughts on it. Not sure if they are helpfull, but you could always try it out.

It sounds like you have a problem with static interference. Something is .. I think, screwing with your soundcard. Now it has been a while since I last heard this piece of advice, but it seems to be best to keep your videocard and soundcard as far away from each other as possible (physical that is). So perhaps you could try to relocate the soundcard to the bottom PCI slot.
Now I'm not sure if the whole soundcard/videocard thing is just a bunch of bull**** but it's the only thing I can think of at the moment.

Anyone else willing to shed some light on this?

Update

Ok, thanks anyway but I dont want to be tampering with the hardware, I dont really know where to start with hardware.

Anyway heres some more info to help with my problem:

My 5.1 system is a Neutac S51319. I dont even have to have it connected to the PC for the sound problem to occur. It seems to generate it randomly just when its own power is on.

Any more help guys?

DJ.

It could be interference in your power system. Like the fridge compressor turning on or some other heavy-duty electric motor somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back