5.1 speaker problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkisspartan

I recently bought logitech x-530 5.1 speakers. i hooked them up, and pluged it into my pc. Theres a problem though, when i play music, watch videos, or any kind of sound in general, sound only comes out of the front right and left speakers, and the bass. no sound comes out from the back left speaker, back right speaker and the centre speaker....whats wrong? this happens in all application like windows media player,vlc player,winamp etc.

Have you enabled 5.1 sound in the "Sounds & Audio Devices" in the control panel? Speaker settings / Advanced.

Also, you'll only get stereo from stereo sources, 5.1 from 5.1 sources like DVD's, HDTV etc unless your Soundcard or onboard will upmix it to the Rears {CMSS in Creative products}.

Fragrant Coit said:
Have you enabled 5.1 sound in the "Sounds & Audio Devices" in the control panel? Speaker settings / Advanced.

Also, you'll only get stereo from stereo sources, 5.1 from 5.1 sources like DVD's, HDTV etc unless your Soundcard or onboard will upmix it to the Rears {CMSS in Creative products}.
yeh i enabled 5.1 sound. And i did try playing it a dvd om power dvd but sound only comes out of front left and right, and the bass. btw, the speakers didnt come with any program. the weird thing is that when i was playing counter strike source sound came out of all 5 speakers...other programs and games dont do that.

You'll have to enable 5.1 in Power DVD - it's stereo by default - and anything else that uses Audio.

Newer games will probably map to rear speakers, but older games will need to have "Surround" or whatever enabled, and EAX if your Card handles it.

Fragrant Coit said:
You'll have to enable 5.1 in Power DVD - it's stereo by default - and anything else that uses Audio.

Newer games will probably map to rear speakers, but older games will need to have "Surround" or whatever enabled, and EAX if your Card handles it.
do you know how to enable 5.1 on windows media player? do i need any codecs? i dont use a sound card i got one built in my motherboard which has like 8 different coloured sound slots.

I don't think WMP supports 5.1 - thats why you pay for WinDVD, PowerDVD etc.

Look at the Onboard Mixer {Probably "Realtek"} and see if it has a setting somewhere to send Stereo signals to the Rears also {My SoundblasterAudigy does, it's called CMSS2 and does some sort of remix so it sounds like all 4 satellites have a different channel - if you get my drift} it's early Sunday morning here:zzz:

i already enabled it in windows sounds and devices in control panel. and i dont know what u mean by the onboard mixer. this is starting to gimmie the craps...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back