5.1 Speakers In Media Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

chocobogo_rct

This has been bugging me for a while!
I cant seem to get my Centre speaker to work on Games or Media Players!!
The speaker is fine as when I run the diagnostic test it sounds correctly when the centre speaker is called!
But will not work in Winamp, WMP9 etc!
I have got DFX but still no joy

any help??

Your sound card needs to be able to output in Dolby Surround Mode or as in the case of Nvidia's soundstorm encode to Dolby Digital.

In many games they're set up for 4.1. As for media player It should work. There's many sound cards and speakers and connection setups. My sound"card" supports DD5.1, ProLogic and has SPDIF and 5.1 analog out. The control Panel has many options. My speakers support DD5.1, Prologic but only suport 5.1 analog with the DIN connector which I don't use so I have no center/sub channel through the analog connectors. (makes me think I'm gonna have to rummage through my cable box and see if I can do something about that) What have you got in the way of soundcard/speakers?

From 3Dsoundsurge.com on the Live 5.1...

The front and rear out works like most other 4-speaker cards and in case of stereo that means simply duplicating the front channels to the rear channels when set in 4-speaker mode. The center channel is only used by default for games that support 3D sound and DVD movies if the DVD player supports Live’s 5.1 mode or AC3 pass-thru. For all other content (Directsound, wave output, CD audio etc) the center channel will only be used if you select Movie Mode which is similar (but not identical) to forcing Dolby Prologic decoding of a stereo stream..

http://www.3dsoundsurge.com/reviews/LivePlayer51/LivePlayer51-p2.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back