5 Great Chrome Extensions You Should Install

Is that some kind of hand held microscope in the photo? never seen one like it, does anyone have any information they can share???

The best and most valuable browser extension anyone can add to a browser is an ad blocker yet nothing about them is mentioned about any of them in the article, just mainly a lot of irrelevant stuff for most.

I would add three adds into the most useful:
1) Like everyone said an Ad Blocker, I like ABP only because it was the first one I've used and never run into any issue.
2) Disconnect, it will block any Analytics, Advertisement, or Social features within a webpage.
3) I would change Pocket for Google Keep. My logic behind it, is if people are using chrome, they probably are using a google account. Google Keep is a note keeping, tracking and filtering made by Google. It can be accessed via Web, Android or iPhone and with the extension all it takes is a click and it will add your page as a note into it.

Is that some kind of hand held microscope in the photo? never seen one like it, does anyone have any information they can share???
It's from the article here about hacking computers with sound-waves. Might have more luck reading that article.

Last edited by a moderator:
The best and most valuable browser extension anyone can add to a browser is an ad blocker yet nothing about them is mentioned about any of them in the article, just mainly a lot of irrelevant stuff for most.

Sites such as this one provide their content for free to everyone in return for some of the data that you are blocking with those add-ons. If everyone used those add-ons then lots of sites will simply disappear or charge for access.

Pushbullet was new to me - just got it set up and already love it.

I love the messaging feature of this extension but don't get too attached to it. Push Bullet only lets you send 100 sms per month unless you pay for premium which is 39.99 a year (I think) which is ridiculous!

Totally agree with other comments. You NEED an adblocker! I've tried many and have stuck with AdGuard although many people also like uBlock. AdBlock Plus is older heavier so I don't really recommend it anymore.

Like this kind of suggestions on techspot, one of the reasons I keep checking the site. I'd also like to add OneTab as a great add-on for Chrome. Thanks for suggestions!

It is a speaker. They are using it to hack the electromechanical chips on the board, the acceleration chips.

I haven't seen these mentioned yet:

HTTPS Everywhere
Keepa/Hover Hound (price tracking for Amazon and Newegg, also Honey to automate coupons)
AlienTube (puts relevant Reddit subs/posts in your YouTube comments)

I also use wZoom for more options for zooming pages, Go Back with Backspace to make it work again (god damn it google) and Ears: Bass Boost and EQ for a very powerful EQ that works with any website (per tab EQ, not entire browser).
here's a screenshot of my EQ preset which works well with headphones: https://gyazo.com/5e013b73b0160b21342d283f759d13bc

Last edited:
Many people are not remotely interested in Farcebook and what Mark Zuckerberg has to say about anything, including passwords.

Didn't know about Hover Zoom+ or Magic Actions for YouTube, thanks for letting everyone know about them. I was using Auto HD for YouTube, which I've uninstalled and replaced with MAfYT; I have also installed HZ+.

Another great extension is 'Search Google for Image'. Right clicking the image above gives links that tell us it is some sort of speaker that bombards a microprocessor with sound waves that force it to accept commands. The heading for the article is 'It's Possible to Hack a Phone with Sound Waves'.

I'd love it to have been a USB microscope though, but I suspect they are out there.

Back