5 year old all-in-one water cooling kit... safe?

gabars

Hi, I made a mistake 5 years ago; I had CyberPowerPC build a custom computer and decided to go with the Asetek LCLC all-in-one water cooling kit... Thankfully, I haven't had any problems with it so far, but I've been thinking about it and I replace the coolant in cars every 5-10 years, depending on what kind of coolant's in there, and this computer will be 5 years old in April.

I know some of you will think "if your computer's 5 years old just throw it in the garbage and buy/build a new one", but my bank account would strongly disagree.

So my question is: How safe is it? Should I run to the store and get a cheap air cooler?
I don't know if I can replace the liquid, I tried removing the radiator a few months ago when I was cleaning it but I didn't have enough clearance to fit my screwdriver for the 2 screws on the motherboard side. I would have had to remove the block and I decided not to because I didn't have any thermal paste on hand. Do these kits usually have a plug on the radiator to drain it?

HSF.....me? I'd replace an AIO that is that old, the risk to other components is not worth it.

haha I had a 5-6 yr old Asetek AIO too, scrapped it for a Noctua NH-U12S with an extra Noctua NH-U12 fan for a push/pull config on my trusty old i7 4790k.

Back