50 MHz FSB

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooler

I have a Gigabyte-6VA mainboard. According to the manual there are three settings selectable by jumper: auto, 66 MHz and 100 MHz. Currently 100 MHz are selected. However, several tools/benchmarks show that the FSB is only running at 50 MHz. I tried to increase the speed with CPUCool but the PC already locks at 55 MHz. Is there a bug in the tools or is my PC really running that slow? If so what can I do?

Has the CPU multiplier been changed ? If it has then it may not be able to take both an increase in Multiplier and Bus Speed, as this will result in a large Overclock.

Cooler,

My CPUcool (version 7.0.14) has Gigabyte boards listed, but not the 6-VA. It may be just that simple. ;) I've noticed that if I have the board & chip 'correct' I still need the right PLL also for it to work. It seems to be *very* specific in its application.

D8's program: http://tweakdb.tk , CPUID, MBM [Mother Board Monitor] & 'Fresh Diagnose' [all @ www.guru3d.com I believe) *might* give you some system info that may help. I don't know if there is a newer version of CPUCool (than I have) that has that board, but these other programs are nice to have anyway. :grinthumb

HTH,

Try setting the Jumpers to a different speed. I had this problem on a couple of old boards, the labelling (even on the PCB) is wrong, in the easiest case, all of the jumper settings were reversed, but the other board took trial and error.

BTW, thanx for plugging my program :D :D :D

New version out soon :)

Isn't it that CPU uses both rising and falling edge of the clock signal, so that a 50 Mhz clock signal makes the CPU run at 100 Mhz *multiplier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back