TechSpot

5200FX > 5500FX & TV Wonder VE

By Bloo Ice
Mar 8, 2005
  1. Hi. I just upgraded my system from a 1.7GHz Celeron 128MB GeForce 5200FX to a Athlon 64 2800+ 256MB GeForce 5500FX. Anyway, with my 5200 I was able to clone my monitor to my TV, so when I'd play games it would be on my TV and monitor. However, I cannot do that now. What do I need to do?

Second, I have a ATI TV Wonder VE. I've had it for years, and it worked back when I had 98. Now that I have XP, it doesn't work. I've had XP for years, and it has NEVER worked with XP. I read that ATI MMC is crap, and from my experience, it is. I installed the drivers, and Movie Maker [just something to test with] can capture great quality. However, what software do you guys recommend that I use to watch TV?

Thanks!

2. dopefisher

dopefisher TS Rookie Posts: 540

you should be able to just open up your nividia control panel and adjust the settings. you have the s/video cable,. right? does the card have the same jacks as the old card?

3. Bloo Ice

Bloo Ice TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 123

That's the problem. I don't have the nVIdia control pannel. I have all the cables hooked up. I can see the BIOS and XP Boot screen on my TV. I can also "Extend my Windows desktop" onto my TV, but I don't see any point in that, seeing as how it just shows my wallpaper.

4. vnf4ultra

vnf4ultra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,195

Don't you select "clone" to get the same thing on both displays?

5. Bloo Ice

Yes, but I don't have that option. That's where I need help. I used to go to Display Properties>Settings>Advanced and the nVidia tab. But that tab is no longer there.

6. dopefisher

dopefisher TS Rookie Posts: 540

go to nvidia.com and download the latest forceware 66.93 i think it is.

7. Bloo Ice

Where do I get 'forceware'?

8. Bloo Ice

Never mind. I found it. It's downloading right now, I'll update when I get it installed.

9. Bloo Ice

Works just fine. Thanks

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.