5700 vs 9800

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are comparing cards in different classes. The 9800 Pro will SMOKE the 5700 Ultra. If you are looking for an nVidia competitor to the 9800 Pro you should be looking at the 5900 Ultra or higher.

btw - as we've heard so many times about processors, it's not all about clock speed or memory speed. There are many other factors that can affect performance.

Ohh, thanks for the links...i think im gonna go get a 9600XT, thanks alot guys :grinthumb

Bah! Another one goes to ATi....:p

The 9800 will cream the 5700 simply because it has twice the rendering pipelines (8 up from 4) and double the memory bus width (256bit up from 128bit)

Cant wait for the 8(16) pipeline nv40 - hopefully this time nvidia can have the crown back :D. The R420 does have 12 hardware pipelines appartently - so that might be better in certain situations were stupid amounts of filtering are involved....

Steg

I hope ATI keeps OWNING Nvidia for years to come, Nvidia needs to get itself together. 5 years ago Nvidia was the top performer and ATI was the company people wouldn't buy from. The tables have turned. Nvidia would also benefit from making multipurpose cards like the AIW series, even if they say they target a different audience. Revenue will always be revenue, no matter who you get it from. Just my $.02

erickdj - 2 years ago nvidia were on top. nvidia DO supply 'multipurpose cards like the AIW series' - the 'Personal Cinema' series - which i dont know a great deal about.
This time round it does look (on paper atleast) like nvidia will cream ATi. And if nvidia win this round, and ATi the next etc etc it will drive the industry forwards and prices down faster than if ATi or Nvidia own throughout. Nvidia are just going to win this round -i hope :D.

Steg

good thing you got the 9600xt - thats a sweet card and a heck a lot better then any 5700 nvidia. i had 3 nvidia cards before i got my 9800 and they were all good but times have changed and now they blow. and i think the next chip the r420 (i think thats it) is gonna eat em alive!!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahHh!!

heh - we will wait for the benchmarks to come out....until then we will not fight or argue - we will not reduce ourselves to that level.

We wait for the benchmarks...then i will laugh at you :D.

Steg

hi steg, long time no see!

True, NVidia will win all of contents except Ati only had is just higher geometry pixel fill rate, but look like GFX 5950 Ultra win all of high gpu speed and mem frequency

come on now i didnt mean nothing with all that talk of ati killing nvidia and then eating its carcaus then taking a shat and then eating that shat only to take another one - further proving its dominance. being realistic tho, i really dont care since im not gonna have $500 to blow on them. also PS3, XBOX2 and the next NINTENDO are gonna be really close to pc power (if not more for the moment when they do come out) soo relax buddy.....ati rules!

its not trash talk at all and it was done in jest - no need to get mad ;) and i really dont think steg cares (you shouldnt steg - your above this!) so relax. also who cares about the cards when its the games that really matter...i still play snes games :D ..and my jam right now is Grandia II for dreamcast. cheer up :grinthumb mate

Okay today i finally got my 9600XT, and ahhh something is not right......i feel like if my settings are not right or something. This video card works veryyyyy slughish, i dont know how to fix it? I installed it properly, i installed all the drivers. I installed the AGP driver,and still performs very slowy. I need help please, i dont wanna return this item, ive heard alot of good things about this video card. Anybody else with this card mind giving telling me something....like the settings or something. Please Please :(

I think im the biggest idot on this planet. Could that be the reason as to why my great 9600XT video card not working at its full potential??????

What vid card di you have before the XT? if it was an Nvidia crad make you uninstalled the drivers for that card. Use "Nasty File Remover" from guru3d.com if you have to to to delete any remaining drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back