65.9MB file shows 632MB on Roxio

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewolfe

65.9MB file shows 632MB on Roxio

I have an MP3 file that shows 65.9MB in Windows Explorer and when I drag it to Roxio CD creator it shows 632.75MB. Why? I'm using a CD-RW.

Also, if I have a file that is under the 650MB CD limit but is over 80 minutes recording time limit, would the time limit not allow me to "burn" the file.

well if you are burning music to a cd-rw, you have to burn it as a data cd... If you are burning the mp3 as an audio cd, roxio (plus other burning software) will automaticly uncompress the mp3 and change it into a wave (.wav) file. Wave files are substantially bigger in size, hence the need for the .mp3 compression.

Yeah... are you using a data layout, or audio layout? If its audio, then Roxio is converting your 65.9MB mp3 into an audio data, which is much better.

If you want the file to stay as a .mp3 file, you must specify a data layout.

Originally posted by thewolfe Also, if I have a file that is under the 650MB CD limit but is over 80 minutes recording time limit, would the time limit not allow me to "burn" the file.

Yes, when dealing with audio files you go by the time limit, not the size. You can have a file that is over 650mb, but is 15 minutes long and it should fit on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back