650 to spend on a new computer..

Status
Not open for further replies.

LxTrix

Sorry i didn't know where else to post this. My friend wants me to help her find a computer for 650 or less. I been looking at Acer but am unsure. She would perfer to buy it at a store but if i can get it shipped within a week she doesn't mind buying it online.

I know she would use it for dvd burning, internet, music and alittle bit of gaming (The Sims 2) I need advice. Thanks.

The cheapest i found that tower was 460 on Amazon.com and then i think the onitor is worth at least 170 and the printer around 100? So i think its a preety good deal. I dont know anything else about HPs so i hope it wont give any surprises.

hay advice!

Just build your own pc because manufacturers will mess you up. Infact i just built my new computer yesterday and it cost me $600 in total but its better than buying one from a store.. i have a

2GB DDR2 RAM
160GB Prim HARD DISK (Win Xp PRo SP 2)
80GB Secondary Hard Disk (Windows Vista)
AMD ANTHLON DUAL CORE PROCESSOR 2.79 GHX (5600)
GEFORCE 7800 256MB DDR2 GRAPHICS CARD
MSI motherboard with built in ATI RADEON 128MB RAM Video
CD/DVD/DVD+/CD+ With Lightscribe Tech
400 WATS ATX Multi
2 Main Fans
1 Cpu Fan and of course the power supply

Yup that for 600 bucks and i can max my ram out to 4GB and also run 5 Hard Drives... well if she is looking for a laptop, just go to best buy, they have some cheap laptops or wallmart. If its a desktop, just build one for her.

custom builds, always the way to go. I have:

Athlon 64 X2 3800+
2GB PC6400 DDR2
400GB Seagate SATA2
80GB Seagate SATA1 (backup)
MSI K9N Neo Mobo
600W Cooler Master PS
Sapphire Radeon X1950 512MB DDR2 PCI-E 16X
Sony DVD Burner
Generic DVD/CDR Combo Drive
Thermaltake Mini-Volcano for Socket AM2
Soundblaster X-FI
Logitech LX-710 Mouse+Keyboard Combo (Wireless)

All this was about $800 about 4 months ago.

And for god's sake,DONT BUY A SLIMLINE. Not only are they nearly impossible to upgrade, but they're hard to service and heat is a problem. Beware major manufacturers- low-end and even sometimes mid-range deals are a junky computer with bells and whistles attached (like monitor, printer, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back