6600GT Lines while playing games??

By dapperdan2005
Feb 16, 2006
  1. HEllo, I have been experiencing problems with lines in games, BF2, Fear, ect. I have installed new drivers for my card, and no one seems to know what the problem is. The card is not heating up... and it is fine in windows.

My system is a ECS motherboard with P4 2.8 GHZ 800fsb, 1G of corsair ram, and the PNY GeForce 6600GT running on win XP, SP2
    The case has a 350W power supply,

Any help here would be greatly appretiated
  2. Lazareth

Lazareth TS Rookie Posts: 30

what brand name power supply. the power requirement for that card is A minimum 300W system power supply . depending on the brand and power supply your power supply may not actually pushing enough power. sounds like a power problem.
  3. dapperdan2005

dapperdan2005 TS Rookie Topic Starter

All I know is that its a 350W PS that came with my case I bought from American Computech, doesnt even have a name, but I ordered a 500W supply from outpost today, so well see soon if thats the problem, if not im at a loss......
  4. joman2055

joman2055 TS Rookie Posts: 19

I heard that the lines are acctually an option in the driver that you have to uncheck. so search around. i think it has somthing to do with showing how your card is running or the prefromance. idk. check it out
  5. dopefisher

dopefisher TS Rookie Posts: 444

i have a 6600 GT, and i get lines in games when i overclock it too far.
  6. dapperdan2005

dapperdan2005 TS Rookie Topic Starter

OK, after trying to fix this problem for months, I turnes out that it was the video driver..... I had installed the lates drivers a few times, but they never fixed the problem. I recently went on and downloaded the lates forceware drivers for my 6600GT and they fixed the lines :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.