Here are the specs on my system Athlon 64 3200+ 1GB Kingston HyperX PC3200 RAM ASUS K8V Deluxe mobo Radeon X800 Pro I want to upgrade to a 6800 GT so I can play the new Doom 3 expansion at decent settings. I can play it now, but I have to turn the settings down to 800x600, Medium, no AA/AF to get decent framerates. I am basically tired of this crap performance this X800 Pro has given me since day 1 in everything except Half Life 2, and am wanting to step up to a serious video card. My concerns are, with the new cards right around the corner, would it be better to wait until they come, put Doom 3 off, and pick it back up either when I get one of the new generation cards or a 6800 GT at a much lower price? Or should I just go ahead and buy now> I want to go Nvidia, I have no desire to go ATI again after my experiences with this card. However, I have not heard much about Nvidia's upcomming release.