6800gt crashing with Dual-Monitor setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. wondering if you had any ideas as to what is causing my problem. I have been running a BFG 6800gt for a year now with no problems. the girlfriend got me a 19" Samsung LCD to go with my junky 17" CRT. I set them both up with Analog (the *****s at future shop said it came with a DVI cable, but didn't). so they are both set up and running in dual-view, and randomly the entire pc locks up. I mean REALLY locks up. I can't move the mouse, can't change num or caps locks... I've noticed it's happened most when a screen saver comes on, and this only started when the other monitor was hooked up. It cannot be an overheating problem as the 6800 is water cooled and never peaks 50 when gaming, but just to be sure I cranked the fans on the resevoirs and sure enough, still crashed. Other than re-installing the 6800 drivers, anyone have any ideas as to what can cause a crash with dual?

Thanks guys

If it doesn't crash during games but crashes with that screensaver, I wouldn't think it's an overheating problem. If you disable the 2nd screen, does it still crash when the screensaver activates ?

The screensaver was an example, it crashes at random too. No, nothing crashes when it's only one monitor. And no, overheating is not the problem.. GPU is way below average temps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back