680i

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Zephead

I used the 680i mobo and it's very good! I did a SLI with 7900s & could run oblivion with amazing performance! ;)

If you have any more questions like which RAM, CPU, or anything else just ask here :D

I'm running an EVGA 590 SLI board with an AMD X2 5000+, and I'm pretty happy with mine. I like the software that comes standard with the board. It allows you to tweak everything from the software and not the bios. It also monitors the tweaking so that if you're really pushing it, you'll know before you fry something.

I am also looking at the 680i board within the next few weeks, however I am going with the Evga board. I'd actually prefer to have the Asus striker board, but the price of that board is insane!

The Evga is $290
The Asus (striker) is $408 (Japan prices)

Hard call. An extra $100+ for the Asus board, or get the Evga board with a better cpu. I think the Evga board with a E6600 is looking pretty good. There are a lot of bugs on the Evga board, but it looks like the are on top of most of them with the bios releases.

ASUS P5N32-E SLI Socket T (LGA 775) NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail this board is 299. at newegg. It is not the striker, but this will work for me.

Wow. That is looking like a nice board too. I just called the retailer here in Japan and they will be available next week. Now I have to decide between that one and the Evga one....

I think the Evga board is better DonNagual, The board that Thomas said is pretty good but depends... Evga has pretty good customer support and their boards have great features but ASUS makes great mobos

Any time a new board comes out there are problems with it. If you check the site for Asus' A8N-SLI deluxe (the board I have) and make your decision based on their support page, no one would ever buy it because of the number of problems people posted.

But that board has gone on to become one of the best selling boards in motherboard history, and is an amazing board.

Now, that's not to say that the problems being posted on evga's site are not serious, they are. But they are also to be expected with a new board. The thing to watch is evga's responses and how effective the new bios releases are at resolving the issues. Evga is new to the motherboard market. They have been fantasic in the graphics market so hopefully they can continue providing great support/updates etc.

TimeParadoX said:
I think the Evga board is better DonNagual, The board that Thomas said is pretty good but depends... Evga has pretty good customer support and their boards have great features but ASUS makes great mobos

I'm going to do some homework on this. I'll post a comparison of the two, because I assume a lot of others are also trying to choose between these two boards. Over the next few weeks/months there are going to be plenty of other 680i boards coming out as well. The evga is actually a reference board. Nvidia did such a great job with it, they offered it to other companies, and evga was the first to take up the offer. But now all the big boys are going to be taking that reference board and making it there own. Asus is first off the block, and there are plenty more to come. DFI for example, who has been known to make very overclockable boards.

Abit...................

IN9 32X MAX hits the shelves right after New Year. All you really get by spending 200. more on the STRIKER is a few more bells and whistles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back