TechSpot

7 Updates Refusing to Install Possibly Leading to Absent Windows 10 Reservation

1. I recently installed a fresh boot of Windows 7 SP1 on my PC, and even more recently activated the copy of Windows 7 to be genuine with a product key. I then proceeded to download a crap ton of updates, both important and optional, but the final 7 updates refuse to install no matter what I do. Tried rebooting multiple times, still nothing. Screenshots attached. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I still apparently cannot reserve my copy of Windows 10. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 6,597   +335

Have you tried installing them one at a time? I'm not saying it'll work, but can't hurt.

3. Daniel Morelli

Daniel Morelli TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 48

The first 3, yes and none of them downloaded so I just stopped after that.

4. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,555   +2,898

The .NET updates are bad about failing. I don't know why but if I'm going to have an update fail, it is usually a .NET update. One good thing though is over time they seem to correct themselves. I've learned to ignore them and wait for self-healing.

5. Daniel Morelli

Ok maybe that's the issue then.

I'd imagine you get this questions a heck of a lot recently, but do you know why I'm not getting the reservation icon for Windows 10? I'm running 7 Professional right now, and I've fully activated it with a genuine product key a couple of days ago, and still nothing. I thought it might be because of the updates not updating properly.

6. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,322   +622

I would investigate further - - that's a BIG list of failures and causes me to think there are other issues than the typical kb**** failed.

7. Daniel Morelli

Ok, thanks very much for your help! You can close my ticket now if you'd like.