TechSpot

7 years of 3d graphics - Accelenation.com

By Arris
Mar 17, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The article
    With Microsoft revealing plans to do the graphics chipset for the Xbox2, are they going to try and enter the graphics market for a second time?
    Got to say this article is a really good read and I thoroughly recommend it.

2. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 4,552   +97

I'd have put this in news if I had known Paul and Thomas thought that it was news worthy ;)

3. lokem

lokem TS Rookie Posts: 773

7 Years of Graphics...

Accelenation's article on the past 7 years of the graphics industry is a really good read.

4. boeingfixer

boeingfixer TS Rookie Posts: 1,245

Man that article brings back memories. I remember having an ATI 3d Rage All-in-Wonder with 4 megs of memory and getting my first Voodoo 1 accelerator and thinking I was hot stuff with a whopping 8 megs of ram. I rember the first game I bought was Need for Speed, I think, and comming home and not being able to play it, calling tech support they told me "yeah it doesn't work on that card"...."but we will put a patch out in about 6 months so wait for the patch to play", I didn't, and never bought another need for speed game !!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.