TechSpot

7600GS video card installation of drivers

By dbonniwell
Nov 20, 2006
  1. Good Day!
    I will be updating my video card here soon and in need of information. I read and read that I should Remove ALL the old drivers and remnants then put the new drivers on the desktop before turning off the computer to replace card.
    Questions
    They say I should update with the newest version now 93.?? for 7600GS AGP but I read about people having probelms with this and that versions especially in the v9X.XX range have problems. What version should I use that will not cause any trouble?

How can I make sure all remnance of old drivers are gone, including registry keys?

My system is a dual boot JapaneseXP and English XP Thus I assume conflict?

I will be saying my prayers about becoming good changing this card out, I there anyone out that can give me a guidance
    thanks

2. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,919   +9

Hi

93.71 didn't cause any problems here with my 7600GS AGP card. I can't give more details as I don't have Windows anymore.

You could try Driver Cleaner.

Your assumption is incorrect :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.