767 leaves airport by itself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by T-Shirt
this one is for Boeingfixer
http://www.cnn.com/2002/TRAVEL/NEWS/04/10/runaway.plane/index.html
got a clue how this happened?
Is somebody in trouble now?

Hummmm, Now let me see, did I leave that 767 in "Park" or "Drive" ??:confused: :suspiciou

Actually, It looks like that they forgot to put the "Chocks" in, these are rubber things in the shape of a triangle that go under the wheels to prevent such a thing. And in my opinion, someone is probably in some real hot water......

And you are all safe to know that I do NOT work for American.....anymore..... ;)

Yes I am kidding I work for a different airline !!

Hey boeingfixr...did you ever get my email regarding my occupation? I never heard anything back from you so wondered if you ever got it. You were correct in your assumption. Hope to hear from you.

chaplndave:)

Originally posted by chaplndave
Hey boeingfixr...did you ever get my email regarding my occupation? I never heard anything back from you so wondered if you ever got it. You were correct in your assumption. Hope to hear from you.

chaplndave:)

Thanks Chap and yes I had received it. I had forgotten to e-mail you back. Been very busy lately, thanks for reminding me !!

Gahh...I looked at the title and thought the plane actually took off ( :haha: ), running on autopilot...
Wierd.

Originally posted by Vehementi
Gahh...I looked at the title and thought the plane actually took off ( :haha: ), running on autopilot...
Wierd.

Fortunatly planes aren't that smart yet. However ejection seats and smart auto-pilots could have prevented 9-11, just eject them out of the cockpit and the plane lands safely by itself !! ;)

well, this was probably bad enough, (just ask whoever gets blamed for it)
You do hear about small planes taking off by them self ocasionaly (we had one around here last summer) Pilot is running up, /warming engines and gets out without returning all the way to idle, once relieve of his weight plane accelerates down the runway, and lefts off (usally very briefly)
I do remember hearing about one that stayed airborn for around 20 minutes before "landing" on a house.

Yeah and it's a wonder what an autopilot can do to, just look at Payne Stewerts Lear Jet, that crossed half the country before it sadly crashed. It's funny too, alot of accidents that are blamed on "Mechanical failure" are actually the pilot telling the autopilot and FMS(flight management system) what to do, if a plane flies into a moutain, usually that's what it was told to do, by the pilot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back