TechSpot

7800GS OC (AGP) - Still Out of Comission

By EXCellR8
Jun 4, 2007
  1. Well, I received my replacement 7800GS OC AGP graphics card from BFG Tech today. To make a long story short, I'm still having major problems. My initial problem was that the first 7800 was not putting out ANY video. The tech requested that I have the card replaced. The card has been replaced but this new one is doing the exact same thing. The operating system will not load and I get a "NO SIGNAL" on the screen. After that the monitor just stands by. I've tried several things in my BIOS including restoring defaults but no luck. I have to say I'm getting a little frustrated with the whole thing. I don't really feel like working on my system anymore. If anyone can help that would be great. Thanks in advance.

SPECS:

AMD Athlon XP 3200+ (2.21Ghz)
    2048MB PC3200 RAM
    K7M NF18G Mainboard
    6800GT OC (AGP) video card (as of right now)
    520W PSU

2. beef_jerky4104

beef_jerky4104 Banned Posts: 822

You have a 520W PSU, but from what company? If the card has a power plug then connect it.

3. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Topic Starter Posts: 1,835

The PSU is an Aspire. It worked fine when I had a 6800GT OC installed. The 7800GS OC is the first unit down the line plugged into the PSU.

4. beef_jerky4104

Aspire really isn't that good of a PSU company. How large is the +12V Rail?

5. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Topic Starter Posts: 1,835

6. beef_jerky4104

There are some reviews on that product, so I would bet that is the problem.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.