7900gs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it's the best available for agp AFAIK.
Should run the newest games well.

Edit: I could have sworn the title said "7800gs."
Oh, well, yeah, 7900gs I've seen on some dell laptops.
I think it's a pci-e card, since almost all newer dells have gone pci-e.

does this card utilise pci xp. or agp
if it utiilises agp which card on the pci express market would it resemble the closest to?

thank you for all help

it doesn't utilize either, it doesn't exist. In the future, if it is ever released, it will be agp. Right now the card that most resmembles it is the 7900 gt which is pci express

what are you planning on buying? If you are getting a dell xps then yes, it is a good card. If you are looking for a desktop vid card, that card does not exist.

7900 GS is available on desktops

Actually Dell appear to be offering the 7900GS with the 9150 Desktop as well as the XPS rigs.

Currently the lower spec 9150 has a "256 MB PCI-Express nVidia T GeForce 7900 GS" as the default graphics option, although you can upgrade to a 256MB 7800GTX for £117 (or a Radeon X1900XTX for £317).

Can anyone tell me if it's worth the extra 117 quid to get the GTX? I'm thinking about a 9150 as a family PC (but I would like to play games on it too)?

Scopolamine said:
Actually Dell appear to be offering the 7900GS with the 9150 Desktop as well as the XPS rigs.

Currently the lower spec 9150 has a "256 MB PCI-Express nVidia T GeForce 7900 GS" as the default graphics option, although you can upgrade to a 256MB 7800GTX for £117 (or a Radeon X1900XTX for £317).

Can anyone tell me if it's worth the extra 117 quid to get the GTX? I'm thinking about a 9150 as a family PC (but I would like to play games on it too)?
Not if you're only doing the odd bit of gaming. There is a performance increase of course but it's like really good card and a great card. If you really want to though it's your money. Is the dell deal you're talking about this one here? If so, that is a great deal. It'd be a really good family computer and will easily run the newest games. I'm jealous :haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back