7950GT Can my pc handle it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EsTeBaNo

Hello! Im going to buy Geforce7950GT but can my pc handle it? also is it a nice video card?
Thanks a lot!!
Edit: Forgot pc specs xD Sorry!

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    44.9 KB · Views: 12
Yes, should be fine. But we need the specs of your PSU. You can find this on the side of the power supply inside the case. We need to know the wattage of the PSU and the number of A on the 12V rail(s)

I have a question on the same topic. My PSU has an 8 amp rating on the 12 volt rail. Would I be able to run an nVidia 8800 GTS?

NO. 8 amps on the 12V rail is beyond terrible. Most good PSUs have about 34+ on the 12V rail or sometimes less if they have more than one rail.

Ok this is what i've found.

AC Input (47-63Hz) : 100-127V/8A
200-240V/4A

DC OUTPUT: +5V ---/25A , +12V---/19A
+3.3V --- /18A , -12V ---/0.8A
+5VSB ---/2A

+5V & +3.3V SHALL NOT EXCEED 175W
+5V & +12V SHALL NOT EXCEED 268W
MAX OUTPUT POWER:300W
I Have a Nvidia 7300 and it also requires a 350W power supply and it works more than fine.
So is it good or bad :)?

I definitely wouldn't try to run a 7950GT on a 300W PSU.

If you want the new card, you're going to have to upgrade your PSU.

Right, I've all but confirmed I'll need a new power supply if I want a hope in hell of running... anything. I did notice that I seem to have two +12V lines, an 8 amp and a 14 amp, but my maximum output power seems to be about the same as EsTeBaNo's. The graphics cards I have been looking at (GeForce 8800 GTS) seem to recommend in the regions of 500 - 600 Watts, or so I gather.

So, should I go with Enermax? I understand from doing some research they're reputable. I've been looking at this one. Would that be suitable for my needs? I have Core 2 Duo E6300, 1gb 533mhz RAM, 250gb hard drive, Realtek integrated soundcard... Unfortunately I have no idea of the brands on anything except the Sound Card... I only got this computer on Saturday.

-edit EVEREST seems to be reporting my motherboard as a Packard Bell BV Cuba MS-7301, but that could be me just misreading it. I'm pretty new at this.

That power supply is a name I have never heard. May I suggest either a Thermaltake or an Antec power supply, which are very well know. If your looking at an 8800GTS, you want something very powerful. Also note that the total amperage are the two +12V rails combined, making yours 22A, which would not run higher-end cards.

This PSU costs a fair sum but it should never let you down. Its also made by a well known company OCZ. Plus its for gaming cards like the 7950 GT.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817341002

EDIT: If you haven't ordered the video card yet, may I reccomend one? Since you want a GeForce 7 card I will reccomend one that gives very similar performance but has a better price value. It is called the GeForce 7900 GS. It has very similar performance but for a lower price. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130056

beef_jerky4104 said:
This PSU costs a fair sum but it should never let you down. Its also made by a well known company OCZ. Plus its for gaming cards like the 7950 GT.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817341002

EDIT: If you haven't ordered the video card yet, may I reccomend one? Since you want a GeForce 7 card I will reccomend one that gives very similar performance but has a better price value. It is called the GeForce 7900 GS. It has very similar performance but for a lower price. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130056

Wow, i appreciate it very much! But i already paid for the card x) guess ill have to check for a new PSU!

Mire a la cuesta y grito :D...pero es el Peso ;) . Veo que hablas en español, sí? No conozco esa compañía bueno, pero los miembros hablaré a veces :D...

EDIT:?

El/La (PSU) solamente tiene 19a en el +12V Rail y este no es bueno. No lo puede tomarlo.

cfitzarl said:
Mire a la cuesta y grito :D...pero es el Peso ;) . Veo que hablas en español, sí? No conozco esa compañía bueno, pero los miembros hablaré a veces :D...

EDIT:?

El/La (PSU) solamente tiene 19a en el +12V Rail y este no es bueno. No lo puede tomarlo.
Hmm its working very good, i already bought it, picked it up and installed it.
Im not getting that nvidia sentinel message anymore!
Its working pretty fine!
Muchas Gracias :D

I know he speaks Spanish, but nobody else will be able to properly answer now, because we have no idea what you said.

MetalX said:
I know he speaks Spanish, but nobody else will be able to properly answer now, because we have no idea what you said.

I Think this is what he said, im not very surel cause it looks like if he used a translator. or maybe he didnt? No offense :D:

I Looked at the price and screamed, i can see you talk spanish, right? I dont know that company very well. (Couldn't understand the next sentence)

Edit:
The Psu only has 19a in the +12V Rail and that isnt good, it wont handle the card.

Anyways, its working pretty fine, im not getting that Nvidia Sentinel message anymore! :D

I acutally didn't use a translator :D...I still need to learn some new computer vocab ;)

I said,

"I looked at the price and screamed :D...but it's the peso ;). I see that you speak spanish (subjunctive?), yes? I don't know that company well, but the members shall/will speak soon.

EDIT:
The PSU only has 19A on the +12V rail and this is not good. It can't take it (the videocard).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back