8.1 X64 on Toshiba C855-S5122 Laptop

tymeracer7

OS and Restore working good now , but can't create a Media Disk or activate the Factory Restore option...says drive is locked or missing? its there!

hey..I know..one way is to Restore OS without losing personal settings...it won't work ..says some files missing.?? other is Factory partition Reset,,,,went to start it , and it said ..Drive is Locked...then it said that partition was missing.....when I know its not. I got system up and running..thru a dated restore point and checked files with Check Disk.

Glad to here you have it up and running. It sounds as though your Factory restore partition is corrupted. You may have to order restore disk in the future. If your system goes down.

Hey Cobalt006 ....Think your RIGHT.....! public wireless connecting is great , huh! I believe a Hacker got in. This is sons computer, and I'm trying to get it up for him. Settings/Restore , in-op.restore points were corrupted.except one .deleted others. system. is 8 X64 - to 8.1 ...system ID# is embedded in Bios.correct?..and.how do I get it? its not ID Listed on system splash screen.correct ? will mfgr. send a Factory 8.1 install disc?

Back