8 Step Complete- Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

courtney06

I have been having problems with my computer for the last few days. My google searches get redirected and I was not able to run any anti virus online scanner or even go to any sites that had virus removal information. I had problems installing hijack this and had to change the name to get it to install completely. I was finally able to get super anti spyware to work after disabling TDSSserv.sys, thanks to a previous post. Would someone please look at my logs? I would really appreciate it as this has been driving me nuts!
Thanks!
Courtney

Would someone be willing to look at my logs? I don't think I have fully gotten rid of the virus/malware. I am now able to search google without it being hijacked but I think that there are still remnants of the virus.
Thanks!

I think one of the reasons why this post may have been overlooked
Is because of all those startups!
Plus programs such as:
Ad-Aware
Windows Defender
Spyware Terminator
DAEMON Tools
Plus a whole lot more

My recommendation is to remove as many of these startup programs as possible (ie uninstall a must) As per the guide.
Then do this:

Run CCleaner again

Then this:
How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES

To use RIES in Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps:

1. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
2. On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
3. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
4. When Internet Explorer 7 finishes restoring the default settings, click Close, and then click OK two times.
5. Close Internet Explorer 7. The changes take effect the next time that you open Internet Explorer 7.

Note for users who cannot start Internet Explorer 7 for some reason, use RIES from Internet Options in Control Panel.

Then Restart
Then posts a new full HJT log (a lot smaller and cleaner!)

Thanks for replying!
I kind of freaked out when my computer wasn't working properly and so i tried downloading a few programs but nothing was finding anything. I couldn't get any websites to open that had forums to help remove things so I went a little crazy with the anti-spyware downloads.
I'll remove the ones listed and then post a new log!

Yes that's ok, many do this :D

You could actually run another updated Malwarebytes scan too (to your benefit)

I've tried to uninstall as many of the programs as I could but I don't know if I got all of them. A lot of programs didn't show up on add/remove. Here is my new hijack this log and I am currently running a full scan with malwarebytes. I will post that when it is complete. Thanks again for your help!

Thanks, looks a lot better :grinthumb

But I'll wait for the Malwarebytes scan (make sure you update it first, and make sure you remove anything found once finished)

Please post that log too
And if there are entries removed, guess what? We will need a new HJT log ;)

A great improvement from your last
Please post anything wrong
then kimsland can help you

I don't really have any symptoms anymore but I am just afraid I haven't deleted everything that needs to be deleted.

Looks good :grinthumb

The log was difficult to read, as McAfee takes up a few entries, and a number of MSN Games, but is not counted as Malware as such.

Please do the following, to clean up some installed programs and old System Restore points

OTCleanit! by Oldtimer
  • Download OTCleanIt
  • Click the CleanUp! button.
    • It will go thorugh the list and remove all of the tools it finds and then delete itself (requiring a reboot).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

clear system restore points

• This is a good time to clear your existing system restore points and establish a new clean restore point:
    • Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore
    • Select Create a restore point, and Ok it.
    • Next, go to Start > Run and type in cleanmgr
    • Select the More options tab
    • Choose the option to clean up system restore and OK it.
    This will remove all restore points except the new one you just created.

Ran OTCleanit without any problems. I am having trouble with the system restore, though. I click to open it and the program pops up but it is a blank window with no options.
Do you need another Hijackthis log?
Thank you so much for all your help!

Try this:

Go to Start >> Run - type or copy/paste control sysdm.cpl,,4 & press Enter

* Tick on the checkbox - Turn off System Restore on all drives
* Click Apply

Turn it back 'On' by unticking the same checkbox & click Apply, and then OK

Start -> Run -> services.msc
Maximize the Window that opens
Scroll down to "System Restore"
Double click on it

If you want System Restore on, change the Startup to Automatic
If it was already in Automatic reply back

Oh, Apply Ok. Then close Services Window

It was already set as automatic. Hm, I tried to reset it as automatic again to see if that would help but system restore is still blank.
I am going to head to bed for the night, exam tomorrow at 8, but I'll be back on again tomorrow. I really appreciate you sticking with me and helping me fix my mess of a computer!

:D Huh!, now I see!

Start->Run-> sfc /scannow -> ok
You may (probably) be prompted for your Windows CD during the scan
You will not lose any data, and your Windows key stays intact (ie you don't need to re-activate or anything)
The only issue is, that it's best to un-install any live protecting software first (Antivirus; Firewall; Spyware guards; etc etc)

Anyway that should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back