8 steps done. Please see logs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys:

Thanks in advance!!!

Well...it's been fun, but I think I got my computer cleaned out. Please see logs and advise.

It started with google redirects from the second opened tab--go back--refresh=works fine. It was a consistent problem as I've seen described on the boards.

I had some stuff come up in my AVG scans which I'll get to. I also noticed when I ran a manual scan, AVG would actually shut-off my protection, then come back on. When it continued scanning, it would have two scan icons on the left side and the "scanning" icon in the tooltray would not go away. All seems okay now (after the 8 step program).

Initially AVG scans caught-Trojan Horse Generic 12.ACVL (122408) [possibly a false positive]. Then in later scans I found "Virus Found Worm/Autorun" "Trojan Horse Agent.ADIY. I have "printscreens of this entire process in a word doc if more info is needed.

At this point I ran the 8 steps plus checked GooredFix v1.8 by jpshortstuff. All looks well. I've included the logs as instructed. Thanks for looking at them. Hopefullly it is resolved.

Also; now that I have tons of cool virus/malware protection, etc. on my computer...I'm wondering how to best utilize the programs together. I used to simply have AVG run every morning at 4:00am including updating itself. Now I have AVG-free, Ccleaner, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Super AntiSpyware, and Hijackthis. (and Windows Firewall) i.e. Do I have all of them scan daily, alternate, weekly, are some of them redundant, etc.

Thanks once again!

I'd uninstall SuperAntispyware
and AVG
Then run the removal tool
Here is the 32Bit version (most users): http://www.avg.com/filedir/util/avg_arm_sup_____.dir/avgremover.exe
Here is the 64Bit version: http://www.avg.com/filedir/util/avg_arv_sup_____.dir/avgremoverx64.exe

Keep the rest you mentioned above

Install Avira free AntiVirus

Start up Malwarebytes again; Update it; then run a full scan (remove all found Malwares)
You need to run this multiple times, until all hidden Malwares are uncovered and removed
You can also update this and run a quick scan weekly

There you go ;)

The above advice I've posted on many threads
All have been happy in the end (especially without AVG anymore)

If you do the above, please post back the results, including log of Avira scan :)

Hey Kimsland. Thanks for the input! Things seem to be running fine now. I have a couple questions for you. I've seen pros/cons regarding Avira and Avast (both free). I see you guys (techspot) recommend both. I'm looking to get rid of AVG and install one of the aforementioned. I'm wondering why you like Avira over Avast. Also is SuperAntiSpyware redundant with malwarebytes? I believe you (you're the expert). I'm just trying to make an informed decision regarding my main antivirus prgram. Also..what kind of schedule would you set up for routine maintenance?

Thanks!

Thanks for your kind words

Both Avira and Avast are excellent Antiviruses
Actually Avast has a good User interface, and doesn't have the big pop-up when automatic updates are completed
I find Avira (although it does have that popup) to find and remove more Virus infection than all of them

Certainly AVG would be in my "no-way" pile

Avira and Malwarebytes run regularly would be ideal

Scan weekly with updated Malwarebytes, then close (well remove any found issues first ;) )
Also I tend to run CCleaner, well, everyday. But I'm high Internet usage. ~8Hrs a day sometimes
Avira scans can be done less often (as it's already auto protecting) But as it updates regularly, I suppose an Avira full scan could be done once a month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back