81000306 cannot sign in to Live Messenger

By carole
Sep 29, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hopefully this will help others.

I have been 3 weeks on the problem of suddenly not being able to sign in to Live Messenger (with Plus) for 3 weeks, from my quick launch or toolbar. MSN tried to help me by way of about 8 e-mails. I spent the best part of 3 weeks searching the internet for 'new' clues because I had exhausted everything else. Deleted stuff in the registry as per instructions, re-set my firewall half a dozen times. Did msnmg.txt tests to send to MSN support. In the end they decided it was most definitely my router. I contacted my server and was told to temporarily disabled my router's firewall. Nope ! Nothing. Well, you name it and I had done it. I also downloaded L.M 8.1 and 7.5 at least 8 times (uninstalled and reinstalled). Two hours ago I stumbled on somebody's advice to at least sign in to Webmessenger for the time being. I did this and signed in. Then Webmessenger asked if I would like emoticons so I thought why not .......and it took me through to Live Messenger (oh not not again .....yawn!!)......but instead of downloading I decided to 'launch' it and I clicked on 'repair' L.M. I watched as it took out old files and put in new ones. I restarted and YAY IT WORKED !!!!!!! (by the way I had done at least 20 repairs from my desktop through Live Messenger, to no avail, but it all came together through Webmessenger). I can now sign in once again from my desktop.

Really hope this helps somebody else with this problem.
  2. Trancidonia

Trancidonia Newcomer, in training Posts: 48

which webmessenger is that?
  3. shitywhiteguy

shitywhiteguy Newcomer, in training

i need some help real bad ok im getting this error but i have done absolutely everything i can find to fix it i have done what windows live messenger has told me to do nothing i have tryed what other ppl tell me what to do nothing but here is the weird thing i cant sign in on my account on my pc but i can sign in on my wifes wait it gets weirder i can sign in to windows messenger but not windows live messenger and i can sign in through hotmail i cant even sign in to my account through another pc i am desperate for some help plz i have been 2 weeks without it i need it back
  4. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +32

xxxxxxwhiteguy, this thread is 4 months old. I suggest you start separate thread of your own. Also suggest a change a part of your user name. This is a family board and the slang name is not appropriate.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.