8600GT OC'd: Which manufacturer is the BEST overall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

capostat

1. XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX 620mhz
2. BFG GeForce 8600GT OC 565mhz / "hdcp compliant"
3. GIGABYTE GeForce 8600GT OC 600mhz / "hdcp compliant"
4. MSI OC GeForce 8600GT 580mhz / "hdcp compliant"

the prices are about the same, so you dont have to consider that...

XFX generally get slightly higher frame rates and are more overclockable.
BFG are usually a but overpriced but if you can id try to get and Egva one as Ive heard very good things.
But if not Id say youd be very happy going with the XFX.

I ese the EVGA model 8800 Superclocked (SC) because EVGA has a lifetime warranty. You must register your product and not violate the warranty. It hac 576mhz core clock.

(sorry I got posted before I was done)..It has a 576mhz core. 1700 mhz memory. 68 GB/sec. bandwidth. It's a great GPU. I use the 320 mb model. It's real solid with 320 bits and 320 mb. Someday I will SLI but frankly, this is so good alone, that the SLI part will be a long time from now.

yeah warranty is a factor, i guess. just looking at some sites (msi, gigabyte), they dont seem "customer friendly", with regards to the warranty. but i've never dealt with those companies so i wouldnt know how they really are...

Besides XFX's double warranty, EVGA has the step-up plan. These are two of the best brands that stand behind their product. (in the U.S.)

ok great. i believe bfg is like xfx and evga with the 24/7 lifetime warranty. But anyway, I managed to find a cool tower ( CoolMaster Elite RC-330 ) at a very cheap price. I'll save about 30 bucks from the original thermaltake tower i wanted...which makes the xfx 8600gt xxx, easier to purchase...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back