8600gt Sli

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already have one 8600GT but don't worry i'm not thinking of buying another one, i am ok for now, until i purchase something like a 8800GTS sometime later.

Well that actually brings me to a question since i have one 8600GT already would it be cheaper to buy another one instead of a 8800GTS?

Anyway my original question was which cards do two 8600GT's compare with, is it close to a 8800GTS or which card then; and what kind of performance does two 8600GT's actually offer in games.

With one card you can run settings medium to high in games, would two 8600GT's mean you can run all games maxed out and in higher resolution since there will 512 vram combined, and double the power.

Thanks for taking time out to answer my question.

Two cards will not give you double the power. Sure, it'll be more than what one can give you, but not double. Going SLI will require a PSU upgrade and some good cooling as well, since two cards get hotter than one. Also, it only shows real performance benefits at high resolutions above 1600x1200 with AA and AF maxed out. So consider all that before buying another card.

I won't be getting 8600gt sli then. so what card out of curiosity is two 8600gt's on par with.

And one final off the topic question, i have friend who as motherboard with a pci-e x8 slot not pci-e x16 slot.
If buys a graphics card that is pci-e x16 will it work and if it does will he see a significant difference in performance than a pci-e x16 slot. So will there be real world slower difference than somebody who is using a pci-e x16 slot.

Thanks alot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back