8800 GTS install prob..

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might be kinda stupid, but i have a new emachine's w6409 with integrated video card. Didn't think i would upgrade it but I got a deal on an 8800 GTS 640mb nvidia card. I tried to disable the integrated video card from the bios but i don't see an option to do that. The mobo only has 2 pci slots and pci-e slot. The vid card is pci-e and i thought it would automatically do it but i get a high pitched squill from the mobo like there is a conflict until i shut it down. The o/s doesn't recognize that there is a new card installed. I'm stumped, is there something i'm missing in the bios?

Make sure that you have any extra power connecters going into the card pluged in. Another thing for thought you might want to check your computers PSU and make sure that it's powerful enough for the card.

Aahhh, I looked for a jumper to plug into the vid card but there were none that were compatible. Maybe i can find some kinda adapter. I'll try that anyways thanks.

Make sure about the power supply, sometimes it will boot up even though the powersupply is understrain. Eventually it could go pop and their goes part of your computer (or all of it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back