8800 Gtx And Crysis Broke It :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rab2140

Hey everyone. as no doubt many of you have rushed out to buy and upgrade your pc for crysis . I downloded the demo and was stunned of how well it look but it played rubbish everything on very high with my pc i got 25 fps sometimes 30 . on friday i bout crysis and installed it all went well but performance was the same . also in the demo when i loaded up the main menu the agme froze with all these colours i had to emergecy shut down my pc i though it was just because it was a demo . when i bought the full game it happened a few more times and the last time it happened i noticed the permance dropped alot i tried all the drivers updates from nvidia but no good i reformated the pc and installed all drivers again and ran the windows experaince test and i notices beside where it said busniess and gaming graphics it was 5.6 it used to be a 5.9 ! has crysis screwed up my 8800 gtx?
if so what do it do?

My specs are

amd athlon 64 x2 5000+ 2.6 ghz processor
2gb ram
palit 8800 gtx stock

I don't think any game can break the graphics processor. I have the 8800 GTS and it plays Crysis well. It has to be the unit itself or a memory (ram) glitch.(Or somthing else). I can't pinpoint the exact cause but if it's a new purchase (the 8800), exchange it. It can't hurt and may be the entire problem. If not that, start a one by one hardware inspection. Also, any new software apps. that you're not sure about. Good Luck.

Thanks for the advice :) i just pin pointed the problem i have a 600watt psu and i had to many fans connected in my case and not enough power was goining to my gtx :p crysis runs excellect now :) tahnks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back