8800 series query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpt_Subtext

Okay so ive read in the techspot review of the 8800gtx that unless you have a 30inch LCD it is pointless running these cards in SLI...

Is this a constant or do you think this will change with the release of DX10?

Why would you need to run a SLI of 8800GTX? You'll need a 1000w PSU to start off with :haha:

I think you should get the new ATI card coming out because it has better performance and speeds then the 8800 anyways ;)

I'm running only one, an XFX 8800 GTX with a 20inch widescreen and I have to tell you, I see no reason (at least at this time) to even consider purchasing another to run in SLI. I've gone back to my games which have been collecting dust (like Quake 4 and Doom 3) and they look like brand new games. Until programmers do something unique to require running two of these in SLI, one is just enough!!

Hey Cpt_Subtext, are you wanting to play Quake 40, Doom 30 or something like that? ^_^

lol yeah, Why would you even need a DX10 card at this time ( 12-16-06 ) since there is almost NO reason to get one because no game is out yet that needs a DX10 build :D

Also the other day in the Gaming part of the forum some guy asked about building a DX10 build for WoW ( world of warcrack ) I wanted to slap him :haha:

Op2 said:
Hey Cpt_Subtext, are you wanting to play Quake 40, Doom 30 or something like that? ^_^

Perhaps! lol It would be nice to not have to upgrade between now and then! lol
So I'll just get the one then or will see what this new ATI card is like... aint building till Febuary so have pleanty of time to get it worked out on paper as it where.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back