8800GT SLI Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin246

Back in January this year I purchased the BFG 8800 GT OC and installed it into my computer. This week I customized a brand new computer and bought a second graphics card which is the same exact model as the first. When I took the PC to a computer store to be assembled, the technicians told me that the two graphics cards are not compatible with each other and will not work in SLI; they explained that my first 8800 GT is older and will not work with the newer one. I don't understand this at all because I thought any two cards that are the same model could work in SLI. The two cards' specifications match up to be identical. So what's the problem? Is there an update to resolve this issue or can these graphics cards never work with each other?

If the two cards are the same model and spec they will work regardless of how old they are, I noticed that the first card you mentioned was a OC model ie overclocked is the second a OC model as well if it's a stock then they wont work together both would have to be either OC or stock.

I was looking at the model numbers of each graphics card and they are slightly different. The first one is BFGR88512GTOCE. The second one is BFGE88512GTOCE. I don't know if this means anything but I don't think it does because both graphics cards are still BFG 8800 GT OC's and have the same specifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back