8800gts+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zilliak

Well i have overclocked a 8800gts(g92) to a 9800gtx+ and i want it to run fear 2. Soi downloaded the demo and im getting like 30 frames, and sometimes a little stutter its not the over clock i tested everyhting but is it because of such heavy graphics of fear 2that makes this card stutter
Im palying it on max everything on 1440 X 900
with a amd 64 X2 2.5ghz with 3gb of ram windows xp sp2
with a sb audigy sound card any suggestion on why such low frames?

Well, there went that idea :)

Maybe someone else knows, at least in the meantime I bumped this back up to the top for you.

Well i have overclocked a 8800gts(g92) to a 9800gtx+ and i want it to run fear 2
Wait you OVERCLOCKED to a 9800gtx+...? like an 8800gts at 9800gtx+ speeds? or upgraded?

Either way since you have latest drives...its probably not the card.

Check your settings, if your resolution is above 1024 x 768, maybe turn it down a bit, how big is your monitor?
Also make sure you have AntiAliasing (AA) turned off.

I don't know much about FEAR2 graphics, but they might be a tad higher than your athlon can handle. If you can, try recording FPS, then overclock your CPU and recording FPS again to see if its higher.

Why do you have 3 gigs of RAM?

Yes its a g92 its a 9800gtx without the plus i just clocked it up to the plus and get 60 and below C while gaming so its nice and i play it on a 19" and 3 gb of ram for everthing else

Its probably not the problem, but 3 gigs is a weird amount, how does that work? You would need two or four identical RAM sticks to run full dual channel mode.

What kind of psu are you using. The game isn't even out yet, its a demo. You think it may not be your card at all?

Im palying it on max everything on 1440 X 900

Oh um, again i would say 90%+ cards can NOT handle newer games at that resolution IF you have anti aliasing on. AA is probably the number 1 FPS killer.

Im pretty sure you can have 2 gb running in Dual channel and 1 not read about it

only have 3 1 gb sticks and it sias 2 are in dual channel and 1 is isnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back