939 motherboard. What 1? help me. none are good.hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
yoyo!

i have a asus Asus Sk8V S940 VIAk8T800 ATX Sound GIGLAN Firewire USB2.0 FSB400 SATA ... with a althon fx 55 but one of them is dead so im buying new of both.

(if ur bored of reading already skip to the final question bit)

getitng a athllon fx53 but what motherboard to go with argh!?

i was going to buy a asus Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe S939 Nvnf4sli Atx - Snd 2xgln 1394 U2 Fsb2000 Satar

But its SLI. Yes sli sounds and is cool but i have a ati card. Can i run a single ati card on sli. sint that a waste:S? From what i can make out it has 3 maybe 4 pci slot, expansion card thingies.my last board had 5 and that wasnt enough!

was looking at the Gigabyte Ga-k8nsnxp-939 S939 Nvnf3 - Atx Snd Gln 1394 U2 Fsb2k Sata In as it has 5 pci slots and the gfx slot but it's performance review for gaming was not so good.

I got my sound card, tv card. wireless card, some lil usb and other sound tingy but that cna go. Also the gfx card wich on the skv8 took up 2 card slots as they were so close even though its a single card.

has any1 got the Gigabyte Ga-k8nsnxp-939? Do they play heavy games ? Do thye run 2 games at once often along with a 3d modeling prog? . yes i find myself doing this sometimes but this system dont hack it like my other one did. While im wokring on somehting on a game (im a modder) i have anothe rgame open or some engine so i can check im getting it as real as possible, but with bad FSP thats just impossible.

the pci slots 3 + gfx card slot might be enough if the gfx card can fit in without using a slot up?

so final question is.

What motherboard is reacomended for socket 939?

1. need's to run good with games. visual display of some sort at all times.
2. can fit lots of cards in. (sound cd, gfx cd, network cd, tv card )
3. Can take a ATI card.

Mobo

Well if your going with ati, then you can save yourself a decent amount of money by getting a nforce 4 ultra, rather than nforce4 sli. Sli would be of no benefit to a person using ati cards. The ultra is basically the same, but without the extra pci-e slot. I'm using a Chaintech vnf4 ultra. It works well for me, but I'm more of a high-middle end guy, not high end. I've seen people overclock a 3000+ to 4100+ on the board model I have. Ultra boards are about $50-100 less than sli. But from what I can guess about you, money isn't really an object like it is to me. (Not an insult, It'd be cool to have tons of money lol).

good gues ya money isnt a wall. I dont have loads of money . i just dont care about it. I work in a make up factory as a packer. Pc is all i use so why not spend all my money on it:D.

ya i already decided agaisnt sli. maybe in years to come but no way now.

ill check into that chainteck board. takk

gigabyte makes a board for that socket that also has AGP for your card .. The dual video card is really not catching one big waste of money to buy two 500$ cards for what??? I think there will be a big change comming up soon you will be wiser not getting the SLI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back