9550 continues to freeze my games

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnugen

I am having problems with my CFS2/CFS3 game freezing. Added now to my list of games freezing is CMR4. It froze up solid during a replay. The only savings grace is it managed to generate a "send error message" box. I clicked yes to send it and it actually told me it was "ATI" that was causing the error to come up. I have tried 2 different drivers with it. 4.6 and 4.9. I do not get any freezes when just running the PC or surfing. I've tried most of my games and some don't freeze, some do. This is not an ATI card, it's a partner card and I searched and scoured using the list ATI provides, I cannot find the maker of this particular card. It's a "powered by ATI" Radeon 9550 256m DDR card with a red board and no fan............a VERY large silver heatsink. Not ribbed.....smooth but with channels running underneath it. Sorry for being so long winded here, but I've been trying to get it running for a bit now and I am at my wit's end. Any ideas
what may be causing this PITA freezing?

Appreciatively...........V

I had the same problem with my card when I first got it. It would get so hot during gaming that it would lock up. It even had a huge heatsink and fan. I had to put on a VGA silencer.
Try taking the side of your case off and have a fan blow on the card. If that helps you will probably have to replace the heatsink with a HSF. Most computer stores sell kits.
Powercolor and Transcend use red boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back