9600xt Asus a8v skt: 939 Monitor Shuts Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can not for the life of me figure this one out!

Asus a8v
amd 64bit 3200
ati radeon 9600xt
Windows XP Home SP2

I should start by saying that I downloaded the catalyst control center from ati.com and loaded the latest drivers from there. However, after, thats when the problem started. Whenever I try to open anything my monitor magically shuts itself off but my computer stays on. When I turn my moniter back on it shows that I dont have a signal for like 3 seconds and then BOOM, my computer restarts itself.

I found a slight fix to the problem...I removed the catalyst contol center from my computer and removed the video card drivers. I then grabbed the CD that came with my 9600xt to load the drivers off of it (they are very old drivers). As old as the drivers are, they fixed the monitor shutdown problems. However I recently bought Battlefield 2 (direct X 9.0c) and I just knew it was going to be "buggy" due to the fact that my drivers are so old.

I want to play this game but Im kind of in a pickle here. I need to update the drivers but I know what problems this causes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-A. Isakson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back