9800 Pro issue or something else (HELP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bark4Soul

Hi, I am desperate and I am in need of help from someone greater than myself. I just reformatted my computer and as always, Something is not installed right. I have a 9800 pro, and ANY game I play, ANY game...crashes after around 10 minutes. Am I running these games too high and it is crashing that way? Or is it something else

I am playing games like CS: Source, WoW, Battlefield 2, I have even captured video of what it does...

http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=ujmKwEV7S2I

I dont know if that helps anyone here, but I read ona previous post to try the last driver set that worked, so now i am trying that, I have the ATI 5.11 driver or whatever, but I am trying to find the one right before that...

Any help here would be awesome, thank you!

please list your hardware specs, also after you installed windows did you load the motherboard drivers?, in device manager are there any devices with a yellow question mark or yellow triangle with an black exclamation mark in them next to a device?

Let me check for you real quick and I will edit this post..

Device manager is okay, the CAMERA section has a yellow "?" but I dont need that.

I have a ATI 9800 Pro 128 mb
Athlon 64 3500+
Asus A8V Mobo
Audigy 2 Soundcard

What else do you need to know?

Now that I think about it too, I did install the MoBo drivers and I wasn't quite sure of what I was installing cause my friend installed em for me...somewhere off of Asus' website

Alright, let's check a few things.

1. Right click on my computer, select "manage" and go into your "events viewer". Take a look around in there for any yellow or more importantly, red errors that are being logged. Let us know what you find.

2. Do you have any temp monitoring software installed? I am wondering if you are overheating. That is a pretty violent power shut down you are getting...
https://www.techspot.com/downloads/547-speedfan.html

3. What is the make and how many watts is your PSU?

Also, as you are not sure, I would recommend checking your motherboard drivers. If any of them are not up to date, it could be causing the crash. They are fairly easy to install (just open the .exe file after downloading). The most important part is you download the RIGHT file.

For your motherboard, go to Asus' download page and follow the links to find your motherboard. You want the latest chipset drivers.

Also go to creative's site (they make the audigy right?) and download the drivers for that soundcard.

I had an out of date NIC driver that was causing my entire system to freeze on me. Drivers can be evil sometimes.

Good luck!

Okay, thank you for replying first off...2ndly, I took two screen caps of my results on screen from what I was told to do earlier, I am going to go back and re-install ALL of my newest sets of drivers right now....video, sound and audio. By looking at these can anyone here maybe pinpoint what is going on?

Screen 1:
http://home.comcast.net/~bark4soul/Cap_1.JPG

Screen 2:
http://home.comcast.net/~bark4soul/Cap_2.JPG

Hope to GOD this helps...thank you in advance, lemme know what I need to do..

If you double click on those error items, it'll open up a new box with more info, and a link to the microsoft site with detailed info on the error. It often gives you suggestions on what to do about the errors as well.

I just got this when trying to install my newest set of Audio drivers, I did video and MoBo just fine, this is what I get with Audio, any ideas?

"Setup did not detect a Driver version that is supported by this web update, the installation will quit now"

"Setup did not detect a Driver version that is supported by this web update, the installation will quit now"

what you downloaded was only an update to drivers. the drivers themselves must allready be installed in order for the update to work.

I believe your motherboard also has integrated sound, doesn't it?

Did you disable it before installing the sound card?

Ahhhh, I see, umm, okay then well, on Audigy's site, I can't seem to find anything else then

http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/welcome.asp?action=next

Can u tell me what file I need to download then, I can't find the entire set of drivers...I keep getting just the updater I think.

Also I think my MoBo does have integrated sound, do you know how to disable that? Sorry for all of this...

Where are you in Japan, I was just there this summer for a while..

Do you have the CD that came with your soundcard? Install the original driver from there, then go to creative's site to download the update driver.

As for the onboard sound, I do believe that asus is pretty good at auto-detecting and disabling for you. Shouldn't be a problem.

As for your question about Japan, I am in Kanagawa (just outside of Tokyo). Been here 8 years now. Great country, but DAMN am I homesick these days!

I was in Akishima for about a month this summer, I loved it and Tokyo sooo much, I am definately coming back, are you Asian or di du move out for there for work or pleasure?

Also I am lookin for my original cd and how to disable my onboard sound, I need to double check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back