9800 Pro just will not work!

By xela
Aug 12, 2004
  1. Hello to all.

I have just aquired a Saphire 9800pro 128 and after following ALL the instructions just cant get any video signal through it at all. When I put it in and reboot the monitor just stays on stand-by mode - there is no signal getting through the card at all.

All prev drivers rmvd, and proper AMD-761 chipset AGP drivers installed.

I haven't yet installed ATI drivers.
    I'm gutted, can any one help?

Athlon XP2000
    Gigabyte GA-7DX+
    512 Ram
    Soundblaster Audigy EAX
    Two HDD
    XP SP1
  2. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,977   +15

Is your system posting yet not giving a signal? Does it do a sucessful post? (when you turn on your pc, it should do a single beep briefly if its a successful post).

The card could be a lemon, you may have to RMA it.
  3. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 993

Hmm, if I were you, I would take out card. Clean the contacts if it is soiled, then proceed on to reseating it back on the AGP slot.

Also, check if the power cable to the card is connect firmly if there's any.
  4. xela

xela TS Rookie Topic Starter

Cheers Guys, the card is seated correctly and the contacts clean. Power is attached Ok as the fan is working.
    I will check for a successfull post (the beep) over the weekend and get back to you. Thanks for your help.
  5. Bug

Bug TS Rookie Posts: 79

Do you have any other systems to test the card in?

What is your PSU specs?

Try running with just PSU, memory, CPU, MoBo, and Vid card...

What was the previous card you were using, and were you having any issues with that set up?

Did you change anything else on the system, or just the vid card?

6. xela

xela TS Rookie Topic Starter

I've tested the card in a mates machine and same thing happened (or didn't as the case may be), so I reckon the card is a lemmon. I will send it back to sapphire for a replacement. Thanks again for the assistance.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.