9800SE Brightness/Gamma Question

By Seafury
Dec 20, 2003
  1. Hi guys,

I just installed a 9800 SE. My PC monitor has always been a little dark. What I want to do is have my brightness/gamma settings under the color tab and advanced settings to carry over to game.

My old video card would do this. My 9800SE's brightness/gamma gets reset to default once any game is booted up.

Is therer anyway to keep these setting for games with my ATI card? Would the problem be the driver?

Using Cat 3.10, ATI 9800SE, P4 2.4, 512RAM. If that matters.

Any help would be appricated, thanks.
  2. PreservedSwine

PreservedSwine TS Rookie Posts: 325

When you set the gamma, did you click the little box to switch from desktop to 3D-Gamma?
  3. Seafury

Seafury TS Rookie Topic Starter

The Full Screen 3D? Yes I did. Also played with the hot keys for it. It does not change the look of a game at all and the hot keys do not seam to work.
  4. PreservedSwine

PreservedSwine TS Rookie Posts: 325

I Just messed w/ it in the 3.9's, haven't gotten around to loading up the 3.10's yet....but anyway, gamma and brightness are working fine in 3D settings for me. Are you hitting "OK" or "Apply" after you set the 3D gamma? (Sorry if this is a really dumb question to ask you!!!!!)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.