A big big big problem - Gecube x1300

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need help very badly, I bought a radeon x1300 board from a retail store here in romania ( made by gecube) 256 ddr2 AGP and so on, the problem is that it most of the times when I start the computer (after it has been shut-off for let's say 2-3 hours) everything is shown in very much noise ever the text in the startup display ( post) , it has that power supply molex slot and I plugged it .... first I tought it was because of the power supply ,I bought a new one ( with good amps) and this didn't do the job , recently ( today) the board did the noise although it started properly meaning after I turned on the computer yesterday I played with it for some time and left it running , today when I got home from work it was with hard noise ( first I thought that it restarted but my programs were still started and in the same progress), Sometimes if I coutinue the boot-up ( with noise) when windows starts if I run some programs the monitor says "out of range" and the draw function of the board is zero after it comes back to life meaning it's like scrolling web pages with one frame per second.

Short term solution I found : if I unplug the molex supply from the card and start the computer , turn it off and after that I plug it in it starts normally in most of the cases.

ps : I tried with a friend's card and this doesn't happend - also with my old card mx4000 ), I attached today's screenshot.

I really really really need help from someone who knows better. please

Attachments

• SOMETHING DEFENATELY WRONG.JPG
    SOMETHING DEFENATELY WRONG.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 6
i'm sorry guys , i'm not a noob but i did't know how to call it in english .. the noise i was refering to is called artifacts ( the problem is that it does it in everything ... even in the bios screen.. dos mode .. everything)

Try and re-seat your video card, change monitors, and check out step three in my sig guide and tell us your power supply information (requires opening up computer).

I re-seated it many times before ... switched monitors ( I use two) , if that is the solution I came up with ( in the fist post I called it fshort term solution) you can imagine I tried everything I could possibly think of .

I have attached what you asked for ( picture of the psu and screenshots with the configuration)

Attachments

• cpu.JPG
    cpu.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 5
  • psu.jpg
    psu.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 6
Artifacting is usually caused by one of three things:
1. The GPU overheating.
2. The PSU being inadequate for the card.
3. The card is bad.
I don't think it is option 2 coz that PSU is a good-quality one and is more than enough for the card.
Option 1 can be checked if you manage to start ur PC normally and check the temperature it is running at by using the Overdrive panel in the ATi Catalyst Control Center. If it is around 50C, then it's overheating. This is most commonly due to bad case ventilation.
Option 3 is quite possible and is the only logical explanation if the other two turn out to be false.

the problem is that the overdrive function is not supported by the x1300 and the tab is nowhere to be found, i checked the temperature of the radiator and it is 38 degrees celsius ... so it's normal. .that means option three is the only one standing :( ( and besides this is confirmed because i put it in another computer and the artifacts still come into place).. so next one ( i think it will be a 7600gt )

thank you very much Rage_3K_Moiz for the help .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back