TechSpot

A couple random restarts, Event ID 1003, minidumps included

By j-rad
Mar 10, 2006
  1. Recently my computer randomly restarted, and it's happened about 5 times in a couple weeks period. It's never done this before, and I formatted about 2 months ago so it's fairly new.

When it restarts, I check the Event Viewer and I get the same Event ID 1003 message:

[​IMG]

I zipped the 5 minidump files that are in the Minidump folder, so hopefully there are enough to tell what's going on.

I also noticed (by having task manager open) that everytime I open a folder/firefox/etc.. the CPU Usage jumps to around 40-50%, then back down. The PF Usage is always steady.

Any help is appreciated.

2. cpc2004

cpc2004 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,994

Hi,

All of your minidumps are crashed at win32k.sys and it is windows graphical driver.

Sugestion
    1) Your windows is 4 years behind. Upgrade your windows to latest patch
    2) Run memtest to stress test the ram
    3) Run 3DMark 2005 to test your video card

3. j-rad

j-rad TS Rookie Topic Starter

I did the following and it's still randomly restarting:

1. Cleaned out all dust from the case
    2. Ran memtest86 - no errors
    3. Ran 3DMark 05 - got 1389
    4. Got all windows updates

Could it be something with the install? Guess I will just format and reinstall XP.

Any other possible ideas? Included are more recent minidumps, let me know if anyone has an idea. Thanks.

4. j-rad

j-rad TS Rookie Topic Starter

Just flashed my BIOS, and I'm reinstalling XP in a second. Still looking for any suggestions.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.