A decent video player required?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyZip

Is it just me, or does everyone hate using 4 - 6 Media players?

Does anyone know of a decent Media player that can play all different types of Video with codec download ability?

I hate having to install and use:
Quicktime
Windows Media Player:mad:
The Playa
Realplayer
etc etc etc....

If i can have just one to do the whole lot i'd be much happier!!!
Preferably free, although i wouldn't mind spending a small amount of cash.

Cheers...:grinthumb

I use VideoLAN client for DVDs, MediaPlayer for AVI/MPEG1/QuickTime and RealPlayer for its files. No, I don't mind using all three of them. Normally, I only use one at a time ;). Besides, I use RM files about once a month.
In Window$, WMP can play quite a lot of formats, and with the right plugins (for example, DivXG400 for subtitles) it can do even more. PowerDVD can play AVIs, (S)VCDs and some others in addition to DVDs.

Aside from Quicktime and Real Player files what do you want to play in WMP6 that you can't without the others you mentioned?

I don't like much WMP7 but in XP you get WMP8 and I like it.

I was under the impression (because I haven't seen otherwise) that once that codec is installed (by a respective player or a straight download) Windows Media Player uses its codec. Example: I have downloaded the divx 4.1 codec and also installed the Elcard mpeg2 player and now WMP plays both divx and mpeg2 files. Guess the downside is you have to get the codecs manually because microsoft doesn't have codecs for some of the file types.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back