A.doginhispen

Status
Not open for further replies.
we have this virus and have not been able to remove it. I have the FindAWF.exe and have run step 1. Can you help me please

Tell us a lot more about your install and configuration, please. What anti virus and anti spyware is installed? What removal tools have you tried?

Symantec Anit Virus, Cox Security Suite, Used Ad-aware in a deep scan, tried a couple of others on the web when I searched for a.doginhispen but nothing could find it or remove it.

Elminated a.doginhispen

Tried over 7 Anti-Virus programs but nothing removed the Trojan, So back to the basics for me. I ran FindAWF option 1 which showed me all of the BAK directories on the PC. working from that list I did the same job that useing option 2, 3 and 4 would do but I did it myself.

The size of this trojan is 14348 (or 15K) so from the list that FindAWF produced I removed the trojan's version of the exe(s) and replaced them with the origional version that was in the BAK directory.

I did need to go into safe mode to remove one of the entries.

I then searched for anything changed on my PC on 1/28/08 (the date we first fould the trojan and the date the FindAWF showed on its list.

I did find one more entry that was a 8 didgit .exe find name that was 15K in size and its modification date was 1/28/08.

After doing this work and re-booting everything is now working correctly and there is no trace of the trojan showing up anywhere. All my security software and the Internet work as designed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back